Biomanufacturing Technician I
- Somerville, MA
- December 19, 2019
- Save for later
Biomanufacturing Technician I
Biomanufacturing Technician I at OpenBiome
OpenBiome is the world's first stool bank—a nonprofit organization that is expanding safe access to Fecal Microbiota Transplantation (FMT) and driving groundbreaking clinical research on the human microbiome.
Since launching in 2013 out of MIT, our stool banking service has redefined the standard of care for an emerging field of medicine. When we began, only a handful of clinicians offered FMT, a treatment that has an 85% cure rate for C. difficile, the most common hospital-acquired infection in the country. Today we support FMT programs at over 1,000 medical centers across all 50 states. OpenBiome has delivered more than 45,000 treatments for recurrent C. difficile infection, radically improving the lives of thousands of patients that lack treatment alternatives.
OpenBiome has also emerged as a leading independent research organization. We have developed a pill formulation for FMT, published more than 20 scholarly works and enabled the launch of 30 clinical trials in indications spanning autoimmune disease, infectious disease, malnutrition, metabolic disease, and obesity, and neuropsychiatric disease, to identify opportunities for microbiome-based health interventions. The research that we enable is at the vanguard of understanding how the microbes in our bodies shape major public health challenges.
The Biomanufacturing Technician I, with guidance from Lead Associates and Bio-manufacturing Managers, assists and supports the production of Fecal Microbiota Preparation material, laboratory maintenance, and compliance with cGMP guidelines.
Position Responsibilities / Duties:
- Perform aseptic processing techniques in a class V Biosafety cabinet
- Media preparation and batch record completion
- Evaluate opportunities for production process improvement & efficiency
- Assist in cleaning and maintenance of GMP processing area
- Equipment and component cleaning and preparation
- Entry of in-process data into trending databases
- May be afforded opportunity to cross train into other departments as based on department needs
- Develop and maintain personal development plan
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications, and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required. A life-sciene based certificate, or Associates degree is preferred
- Strong initiative and ability to work with minimal supervision in the laboratory
- Fluency in Windows and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills
- Quality minded - attentiveness to detail and accuracy
- Ability to multi-task
- Planning and organizational skills
- Ability to lift over 25 lbs on a routine basis
Reporting to this position: N/A
OpenBiome is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with disability, or any other legally protected status. All applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
To apply, please go to www.openbiome.org/jobs and submit your Cover Letter and Resume.
OpenBiome is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with disability, or any other legally protected status. All applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.