The DISTRICT SALES MANAGER executes the strategic business objectives of a defined district in sales management, store operations, merchandising and profitability.
Key responsibilities include but arent limited to:
* Manages overall sales performance of district
* Develops and implements in-store strategies to negate competitors efforts
* Co-organizes and participates in sales meetings and market workshops with Market Development Managers
* Provides coaching and development for Area Managers in market
* Completes other projects and special assignments as requested by supervisor and/or Senior Management
* Drives sales to meet or exceed budget
* Executes the companys selling program
* Resolves guest issues as needed
* Managers overall financial performance of the district
* Manages targeted variable expenses of the district
* Review performance and provide development of each associate
* Manages the strategic action plans for the district
* Drafts and implements the schedule for all associates
* Ensures all associates are assigned to the appropriate location for period end payroll reports
* Manages inventory and inventory shrinkage levels
* Maintains company store appearance standards throughout district
* Manages new store openings, remodels and closings
* Recruits, interviews and hires partners
* Maintains proper market staffing ratio
* Reviews and provides feedback on store(s) sku performance
* Partners with operations manager on current movement of merchandise and assist with inventory reordering
* Ensures that merchandise and POP is current and displayed appropriately
* Ensures that all pints of purchase materials are current and displayed properly
Candidates should be a current District Manager, Operations Manager or currently enrolled in or has completed the FLDP program. Ideal candidates will have a Bachelors Degree in Business, Marketing or Human Resources or equivalent related experience as well as 1+ years of MFRM sales experience, 1+ years of Store Manager or Area Manager Experience, and 2+ years of retail experience.
Now dont fall asleep out there the sooner that we receive your application, the closer you are to the career of your dreams!
DIVERSE CANDIDATES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Mattress Firm is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Mattress Firm is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.