IT Technical Writer
- Newberry Group
- Fort Collins, CO
- December 11, 2019
- Save for later
Newberry Group's Public Sector Division has an immediate need for an Intermediate IT Technical Writer with the expertise to assist in delivering a significant improvement to the current Tier 0 customer facing self-help portal.
Who We Are…
Today’s leading government agencies and commercial organizations are putting their trust in Newberry Group, and for good reason. As one of the few employee-owned IT firms in the United States, the strength of our company is a direct reflection of our employee owners.
Newberry brings strength to our clients, from the inside out through:
- Client intimacy and superior quality;
- Presence and accountability in our relationships; and,
- Cross-sector leverage of public and commercial sector best practices.
Newberry Group is a nationwide IT company providing program and management consulting, in addition to commercial IT managed services and support.
Onsite attendance is required 4 out of 5 days each week. Onsite will be either Ft. Collins, CO; Kansas City, MO - depending on candidate's location.
$50,000 - $55,000
Newberry Group's Public Sector Division has an immediate need for an Intermediate IT Technical Writer with the expertise to assist in delivering a significant improvement to the current Tier 0 customer facing self-help portal. A strong skillset for organizing and writing supporting documents is a must as well. The candidate must be able to provide a technical review/edit, evaluation, coordination and ability to assist in producing documentation to enhance USDA’s existing presence for all end users. The candidate should have familiarity of Remedy and Microsoft SharePoint and other industry leading technical writing tools.
This role receives assignments directly from the USDA Technical Services Division (TSD) Operations Analyst and reports directly to the Technical Program Manager for USDA. The position is integral to our success at USDA and providing our client with the most organized and professional team members to meet their expectations.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist in determining the needs of USDA stakeholders to create technical documentation.
- Study product samples and sit in on discussions with product designers and developers.
- Work with technical staff to make products easier to use and thus need fewer instructions.
- Assist with organizing and writing supporting documents for applicable products.
- Use photographs, drawings, diagrams, animation, and charts that increase users’ understanding.
- Gather usability feedback from customers, designers, and manufacturers.
- Revise documents as new issues arise.
- Day-to-day activities of the position include:
- Assist with researching, outlining, writing, and editing new and existing content, working closely with various departments to understand project requirements
- Independently gather information from subject matter experts to develop, organize, and write procedure manuals, technical specifications, and process documentation
- Assist with researching, creating, and maintaining information architecture templates that uphold organizational and legal standards, and allow for easy data migration
- Develop content in alternative media forms for maximum usability, with a consistent and cohesive voice across all documentation
Basic Qualifications and Skills Required
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, computer science or related field preferred
- Two or more years of IT Technical Writer experience
- Strong comprehension skills for understanding needs and developing and applying solutions
- Ability to identify, initiate, manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Working knowledge and hands on experience with Microsoft Office tools (Project, Excel, Word, Outlook, SharePoint)
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Experience with Remedy Knowledge Management processes
- Technical communication skills with conversion to business brief and executive brief material
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills for interacting with team members and clients at the highest executive level
- Strong communication skills
- Strong ability to manage multiple programs, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and switch between tasks quickly
Benefits and Perks
In addition to competitive wages, Newberry Group offers an outstanding benefit package. This includes medical coverage with two plan options (HDHP or PPO), dental and vision coverage, personal time off, paid holidays, telecommuting if available, retirement savings accounts (Pre Tax and Roth), flexible and dependent care savings accounts, life insurance, long and short-term disability coverage, tuition and training reimbursement, employee assistance program, and a generous rewards based wellness program.
The Newberry Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – EEO/AA/Disability/Veterans.
Newberry Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with disability, or any other legally protected status. All applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.