Jr IT Field Engineer
- Newberry Group
- Owings Mills, MD
- January 29, 2020
- Save for later
The applicant must be self-motivated, outgoing and a Team player. You will be working directly with our Tier 1 IT Service Desk to provide them with guidance and support.
Who We Are…
Today’s leading government agencies and commercial organizations are putting their trust in Newberry Group, and for good reason. As one of the few employee-owned IT firms in the United States, the strength of our company is a direct reflection of our employee owners.
Newberry brings strength to our clients, from the inside out through:
- Client intimacy and superior quality;
- Presence and accountability in our relationships; and,
- Cross-sector leverage of public and commercial sector best practices.
Newberry Group is a nationwide IT company providing program and management consulting, in addition to commercial IT managed services and support.
The applicant must be self-motivated, outgoing and a Team player. You will be working directly with our Tier 1 IT Service Desk to provide them with guidance and support. Additionally, you will engage directly with clients in the field, via phone, email, or Microsoft Teams as an escalation point. You will also be responsible for executing work plans to deploy, configure, and implement solutions within the client environment.
Local daily travel to client sites throughout the Washington D.C. metro area and adjacent suburban counties is required. All mileage to-and-from client sites is reimbursed at the standard IRS mileage rate, (2019 - $0.58 a mile). When not supporting a client onsite, the successful candidate will telecommute from home.
Responsibilities and Duties
Specific responsibilities include the following competencies:
- Tier 2 triage and resolution within established response times.
- Project-based work against firm deadlines.
- Troubleshooting network, server, and computer system problems remotely and in the field.
- Deploying computers and systems to client networks, either remotely, onsite or in a Cloud-based scenario.
- Documenting troubleshooting steps and resolutions within a ticketing system.
- Ability to expand your current knowledge base and skill set to incorporate new technologies.
Basic Qualifications and Skills Required
Active Directory, MS Exchange, Office 365, Microsoft Office applications, all modern versions of Microsoft Server and desktop, and workstation/printer configuration and troubleshooting, critical thinking, problem solving, ability to work on your own.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in required skills listed above.
- Possess a current industry-standard technical certification (i.e., CompTIA ITF+, A+, Network+, or equivalent).
- Must have dependable transportation.
- Must be able to occasionally work weekends and/or after-hours to support urgent client requirements.
- Excellent Communication Skills (oral and written).
- Excellent Customer Service Skills.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to work individually or as a member of a team.
- Ability to work under pressure against deadlines.
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug test.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Microsoft Azure, Microsoft Hyper-V, VMWare, Linux, Ethernet wiring skills, Wi-Fi access point and endpoint configuration and troubleshooting. IP Networking to include network device (firewall, switch, etc).
- Associates degree or certification in Computer Engineering, Computer Support Technology, Information Technology/Networking or equivalent preferred.
Benefits and Perks
In addition to competitive wages, Newberry Group offers an outstanding benefit package. This includes medical coverage with two plan options (HDHP or PPO), dental and vision coverage, personal time off, paid holidays, telecommuting if available, retirement savings accounts (Pre Tax and Roth), flexible and dependent care savings accounts, life insurance, long and short-term disability coverage, tuition and training reimbursement, employee assistance program, and a generous rewards based wellness program.
The Newberry Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – EEO/AA/Disability/Veterans.
Newberry Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with disability, or any other legally protected status. All applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.