Material Handling Laborer
- Alabama-Quassarte EDA (Redtown LLC)
- Washington, DC
- December 14, 2020
- Save for later
Manually moves freight, stock, or other materials or perform other general labor. This is currently a part-time/on-call position
Pay rate $13.83 per hour plus $4.22 per hour Health and Welfare $4.22 up to 40 hours per week
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
* Physically relocates, places and handles furnishings, equipment and/or machinery or crated materials.
* Installs adjustable keyboards
* Responsible for handling office moves within and outside the Frances Perkins Building
* Handles pickups and deliveries to/from the loading dock and locations outside of the building to/from specified areas.
* Installs, adjusts, breaks down and disposes of furniture.
* Must be able to lift up to 50lbs without difficulty.
* Other duties as assigned
AQuate II is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against employees or applicants on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, United States military veteran's status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, or mental or physical disability provided the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation.
The ADA defines reasonable accommodation as a change or adjustment to a job or work environment that allows a qualified individual with a disability to satisfactorily perform the essential functions of a particular job, and does not cause an undue hardship for the employer. Examples of reasonable accommodations may include: Additional modifying equipment or devices; Modified work schedules; Providing an interpreter; or Making the work environment readily accessible to individuals with disabilities. Requirements
* High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent is preferred.
* Two (2) years relevant experience in moving services or warehousing support, plus must earn a qualified forklift license within the first six months of hire.
* Must be alcohol and drug free and willingly submit to periodic drug testing.
* Must pass a background check